Rate: R1,400 per day for the house (sleeps 4 in two double bedrooms)
Relax and unwind in this stylish, spacious two-bedroomed furnished & equipped cottage in the magical village of Riebeek Kasteel, only 1-hour’s drive from Cape Town, for weekend and holiday self-catering accommodation.
This charming cottage with views of the Kasteelberg mountain and the stunning church steeple is an easy 2-minute stroll to the centre of the village, a shopping delight with it’s quaint and quirky shops and highly recommended eateries from coffee shops with great coffee, freshly baked goods & light meals, to bistros, cosy restaurants, country cuisine, and the best pasta in the hemisphere! Most of the restaurants offer free WiFi.
The fully equipped and tastefully furnished cottage comprises:
- Large open-plan living, dining, and modern kitchen – tastefully furnished with 3 french doors all opening to undercover verandah, patio and garden with mountain views.
- 2 Double bedrooms, each with comfortable double beds and linen (bedding and towels supplied)
- 2 Bathrooms (one en-suite)
- All rooms are fitted with ceiling paddle fans to keep the rooms cool in summer, and there’s a closed wood fireplace which very effectively heats the house on chilly days
- There is a flat-screen TV and satellite dish – either bring your own decoder and card, or we can supply DSTV at an additional R25 per day – or bring your DVD player and movies.
- NB: No smoking is allowed indoors.
Min. 2-night bookings, and Rates negotiable for bookings of more than 2 nights.
ENQUIRIES: SMS: 083 324 7401 – or email firstname.lastname@example.org with enquiries
Please join us on our Facebook page 🙂
You’ll be spoilt for choice for things to do in the village and Riebeek Valley, from hiking and bike trails to wine and olive tasting at the many neighbouring farms (Allesveloren, Kloovenburg, Riebeek Cellars & Pulpit Rock to name a few are literally on the doorstep), and ‘happy hour’ G & T’s are on offer every day on the beautiful old colonial verandah at the Royal Hotel, a quick stumble from Chamomile Cottage 🙂
For a longer stay, make Riebeek Kasteel your base and explore the area further – Tulbagh, Wellington, Darling, Langebaan, Paarl, Franschhoek, Stellenbosch, Malmesbury are all between a 20 to 50 minute drive away.
Known also as Wedding Valley this picturesque area offers many stunning choices of wedding venues at the surrounding wine farms and hotels, with plenty of self-catering and guest house accommodation on offer for bridal parties and guests.
Directions: From N7 – take left turn-off into Malmesbury (Darling Rd/Bokomo Rd offramp) – and at end of off-ramp turn left into Bokomo Rd. At third traffic light turn left, and immediately turn right at the first street (opposite Engen garage), and then right again at first stop street. Then 4 km out of town turn left onto R46 (Riebeek Kasteel) – continue on the R46 and over the short and quaint Bothmaskloof pass, and take the turn-off to Riebeek Kasteel just after Kloovenburg Farm.